The 2021 Soil, Water and Nutrient Management Meetings will be virtual. Two identical sessions are offered. The first will be on Monday, December 6 from 12:30 to 3:55 and the second on Friday, December 10 from 8:30 to 11:55. The event is free of charge. However, registration is required by December 4.
Register at: https://forms.gle/oK1pya2qqWrcYSB26
There will be four speakers, with 5-minute breaks between speakers. CEUs have been requested for Certified Crop Advisers (2.0 in Soil and Water Management, and 1.5 in Nutrient Management).
• DATCP Nutrient Management Update – DATCP staff
• Carbon markets from a soil scientist’s point of view – Francisco Arriaga
• Strategies for reducing soil and nutrient losses in runoff – Francisco Arriaga
• Trends in P runoff from Wisconsin farms – Matt Ruark
• Cover crop research update – Matt Ruark
• Preliminary evaluation of alternative soil test methods for profitable crop production – Carrie Laboski
• Strategies for managing nutrients when fertilizer prices are extremely high – Carrie LaboskiExtension Program, Fertilizer, Nitrogen, Nutrient recommendations, Phosphorus, Potassium, Soil health.