2021 Soil, Water, and Nutrient Management Update Meetings
The 2021 Soil, Water and Nutrient Management Meetings will be virtual. Two identical sessions are offered. The first will be on Monday, December 6 from 12:30 to 3:55 and the second on Friday, December 10 from 8:30 to 11:55. The event is free of charge. However, registration is required by December 4.
Register at: https://forms.gle/oK1pya2qqWrcYSB26
There will be four speakers, with 5-minute breaks between speakers. CEUs have been requested for Certified Crop Advisers (2.0 in Soil and Water Management, and 1.5 in Nutrient Management).
• DATCP Nutrient Management Update – DATCP staff
• Carbon markets from a soil scientist’s point of view – Francisco Arriaga
• Strategies for reducing soil and nutrient losses in runoff – Francisco Arriaga
• Trends in P runoff from Wisconsin farms – Matt Ruark
• Cover crop research update – Matt Ruark
• Preliminary evaluation of alternative soil test methods for profitable crop production – Carrie Laboski
• Strategies for managing nutrients when fertilizer prices are extremely high – Carrie Laboski
Contact Francisco Arriaga (email@example.com), Dan Marzu (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Jamie Patton (email@example.com) with questions about the meeting or registration.This article was posted in Extension Program, Fertilizer, Nitrogen, Nutrient recommendations, Phosphorus, Potassium, Soil health.